July 30, 2009

Banana Review: Berryz Koubou Concert Tour 2009 Spring ~Sono Subete no Ai ni~

YAY! The new Berryz Koubou concert DVD is out!
It came out yesterday! This time it is called:
Berryz Koubou Concert Tour Spring 2009 ~Sono Subete no Ai ni~


Since the set-list came out, I've been waiting for this DVD to see Berryz Koubou perform an acapella version of Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai! Finally!!
As usual, we'll be reviewing the concert below! Enjoy!

Banana A. Banana B.


1. Dakishimete Dakishimete

Was this the concert where most of the girls had the flu? Some of the girls sounded kind of like they had a blocked nose... But anyway, this was a good opening song and a good performance for the most part.
One of my favorite song of Berryz! But for some reason, some of the girls sounded manly? Maybe I'm just too used to the voices in the actual cd =P

2. Ai no Suki Suki Shisuu Joushou Chuu

Yurina's voice sounded kind of different than usual. It was better!
Seems like Berryz's budget is limited as well... It's like what ºC-ute had for their last concert.. Sad =(

3. Sayonara Hageshiki Koi

I really liked this performance... I don't know why though...

(3.5 VTR - Everyone looked pretty in this vid! =D Never knew Risako was blood type A )

4. HAPPY! Stand Up

Good song... but what's with the guns? And was this the same concert hall as the one on Buono's Hybrid Punch DVD?
hahahahahahahaha~! ghost busters!! Awesome song.

5. Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai (Acapella)

First it was ºC-ute's tap-dancing, and now Berryz singing acapella!? I love how ºC-ute and Berryz have been trying out all these different things in their latest concerts!
THIS WAS SOOOO AWESOME!! You know I'm a sucker for harmonies, but this was even better! ACAPELLA!! And and, Risako/Chinami/Maasa beat-boxing!! LOL! AND this song, I've been pretty obsessed with it for a while! SO COOOOL! LOVE!
Woa~! LOVE! haha Love the song, Love acapella, Love Momo (although I liked Miya's soft voice), Love performance X)
Best performance in this concert!!

6. MADAYADE

I just realised that this song really suits Risako's voice. Too bad I don't like this song that much. ♪BIYOON~~
Yea, I agree! Risako sounded great in this one =)

7. Nanchuu Koi wo Yateruu YOU KNOW?

Awww, an old song...

8. Sakura wa Raku Sa (Shimizu Saki, Natsuyaki Miyabi)

I REEEEALLY don't like the intro to this song, so I don't think I've ever listened to the whole thing. After seeing it live, I still don't really like it. Captain and Miyabi were good, but this song is just... uuugh -___- And give Miyabi a solo already! If Maimi gets one in ºC-ute...
hahahaha but Tsunku likes her (Maimi) because she sweats so much - and that's why he gives her a fast tempo solo =P (I think that's what he said in his blog long time ago...) But yes, Miya should have a solo.

9. Sabori (Sugaya Risako)

Risako has really improved, and this was another good song for her.
Risako and Ai-chan (MM) should not pull their bangs up.. it doesn't suit them.. in my opinion...

10. Joshi Basket bu ~Asaren Atta Hi no Kamigata~
(Tokunaga Chinami & Sudou Maasa. Tsugunaga Momoko & Kumai Yurina as back-up dancers)

This was actually really cute! I like Maasa and Chinami when they're together.

11. Aitai Kedo…
(Tsugunaga Momoko & Kumai Yurina. Tokunaga Chinami & Sudou Maasa as back-up dancers)

Woah, Yurina's first line surprised me! It didn't sound like her at all! It sounded so pretty!! Her singing was actually really consistent in this concert. YAY!

12. Otoko no Ko

I really liked these black and white costumes, except Risako's... she usually gets stuck with the moo-moo looking outfit for some reason...
Yea~ they have good outfits this time ;)

13. Ah Merry-go-Round

I didn't like this song until I saw it live, and now I really like it! Momoko!! She was really good in this song! Captain too!

14. Furare Pattern

Hello Harmonies! Yay!

15. Dschinghis Khan

♪Uuuh Haaa~~

16. Happiness ~Koufuku Kangei!~

Greeaaaat... My most unfavourite single from Berryz! Although it sounded kind of better now that they're not all squeaky little girls. I still don't like the 'we welcome this happiness tonight' line though... uuugh

17. Yuujou Junjou oh Seishun

I donno, I don't really like this song that much.

18. Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance

The girls were starting to sound really tired during this song, especially Risako and Miyabi, which is a pity, because it's one of my favourites ;__;

19. CLAP!

I thought it was really nice when they were all holding hands and singing :)

ENCORE
20. Seishun Bus Guide

Really good performance! Except the first 'wow' at the end of the first chorus sounded kind of funny. I wonder if their arms get really sweaty in those jackets.
Eeeww.. you're right. It's like the same material as ºC-ute's "Bye Bye Bye" which Saki said her pants were sweaty... -_-" haha

21. Rival

I was scared of hearing Risako's high note at the end of this song, but she pulled it off really well! I was pleasantly surprised! ♪GO GO! FIGHT!
I love this song! ♪GO GO! FIGHT!

W ENCORE
22. Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai

I don't think I like this song when they sing it now... It's kind of lost the spirit it had when they were little. It was kind of disappointing and a little manly sounding.
Yea, they sound sooo deep.. But I think I still like this song tho =) I like their outfit. It's different =D But Risako's outfit is a bit... too much frills??

23. Sono Subete no Ai ni

The preview for this came out quite a while ago. This song, BAWWW ;___; Captain! Risako! The flowers!! It was a really good song to end on.

ENDING

During the credits you get to see the girls watching clips from all their previous concerts and laughing. Then at the very end, it's revealed that it was their 100th concert!! Awww!! Congratulations!! ;___;
Congrats!! X)

---
Overall Impression:
Awww!! I really liked this concert! Well, I always like Berryz concerts because I know all their songs, hahaha. Even though the stage was kind of small and cheap looking and the set-list wasn't my favourite, it was really enjoyable to watch, especially the ACAPELLA! I never thought they'd have the skills to do that! I think Risako and Yurina did really well in this concert. Miyabi is always consistent as well. Overall, another job well done! Can't wait to see them again in the summer ~Hello Chanpuru~ concert! I have to go watch the acapella again now!
Yea, I enjoyed it too! although I didn't know most of the songs... -_-"
The acapella was the BEST!! Didn't see that coming! It was somewhat refreshing =D If I'm allowed to change one thing, I'd change Risako's hair style. hahaha I like her with bangs =P
Aaanyway, yea, I'm soo excited about ~Hello Champloo~ concert as well!!! It's gonna be so awesome getting to know Hello!Project Eggs =D
P.S. User 'JoshuaHallto2' has all the vids of this concert on YouTube =)


B.A & B.B

No comments:

Post a Comment