July 26, 2009

Banana Translation: ºC-ute 'Yan Yan' Magazine

ºC-ute had an interview with the Yan Yan Magazine.

Here are the translations to anyone whose interested =D  Enjoy.


Translation:
ºC-ute's new single, "Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu" is perfect for this season.
It's a cover song of the 70s three idols group, Candies, which was really popular back then.
From the member, we have interviewed Erika, Maimi and Saki.


Translation:
- Shochumimai... do you even write letters?
Saki: Yes I do! I exchange it with the members. But I give them by hand, instead of going to the post office.
- If you're seeing them by person... why not tell them?
Saki: Everyone likes drawings, so, we have fun drawing pictures with words maybe?
Maimi: Plus, we can't really talk a lot when we are working... so yea. Nowadays, there are lots of cute letter papers and envelops so I get satisfied just by collecting them. lol. I even send letters to the members or a friend which I don't see often like things I might forget if I don't write it down.
Erika: I don't really write. Even if get letters from the members, I don't reply to them lol. So I just reply in person. In primary school, when I was in ZYX, writing letters was popular back then, so I used to collect then by putting them in to tins. I wonder what we used to write about? haha
S: Even today, I wrote to Maimi-chan. I wrote something like "let's do our best". She wrote me a letter when we had our spring tour, so it's such a late reply, but I'm in to making plushies right now, so I gave it to her along with the letter. haha
- That sounds fun. Your new song was a cover song which was sung by the famous 70s idol, Candies, but for you as the top idol today, what was your impression about the song?
S: The song and the dances are really cute! It's full of cuteness.
E: When I've watched their videos, they were dancing modestly. It was like their own style, but for us ºC-ute, I think we've danced it with more energy.

M: Probably because we are younger than them. But we've tried to act cute like them. 
S: I've showed all the cuteness in me for this one. haha
- Is that shown when you say ♪Uhu~~~n ?
M: It was harder than I thought it would be. At first, I couldn't show the cuteness.
E: We had to re-take a lot of times.
S: Personally, I've tried to sing cute right from the beginning. But the director was like "More". And I was like "What? I thought I was doing my best!?". At that time, I thought I had to challenge myself more. So I've tried so hard to act cute, like seriously. haha
E: The first time when I did the ♪Aha~~n part, they've told me it wasn't girly at all. lol. They told me to act more cuter, and by the time they were satisfied with it, it was like my 8th time. lol. Towards the end, I was like "Isn't this good enough!?" haha


S: The key tone is pretty high. Where we sing "Kotoshi no Natsu wa~" it's sooo high. haha
M: When we sing the beginning part, "Shochuu omimai~" we had to use both our normal voice and our falsetto. And we had to harmonize too. 
E: It was something we couldn't sing with our normal voice. But I've tried not to use my falsetto.
- In the lyrics, there is this phrase "you can not show yourself wearing bathers to any other guy" as if a boyfriend would say.
S: It sounds youthful. lol. The girl in this song is so cute keeping the promise.
E: If I were the guy, and if I were taking my girlfriend to the beach with other mates, than I might say the same thing. lol.
S: Feeling jealously. haha
- Is there any other oldies song which you might want to cover?
E: I've sung a song with Kumai Yurina from Berryz Koubou once in a tv show, and we sang "Nagisa no Haikara Ningyo". I always wanted to sing a cover song within ºC-ute.
M: That was really cute.
S: I want to sing a cute cover song as well. Something summery!


M: I have Moritaka Chisato's album and I would like to sing that within ºC-ute because it has a lot of cute songs.
- This magazine will be published during summer holidays. Is there any bad experience about summer?
S: When I was in primary school, my mom took me to a theme park and I had lots of fun, but I had heaps of homework to do after that. haha I've finished it within 2 days, but it was tough. My hands were shaking. lol.
E: I'm not good with hotness, and there was this time when I was sleeping with less clothing and I hurt my throat.
M: When I was young, I went to the playground and went on a slide. But the slide was so hot from the heat and I almost got burnt. haha 
Few Years back, my parents took me to this theme park somewhere in the mountain. It took us few hours to get there, and when we finally got there, it started raining. lol. We've waited for about 2 hours for it to stop raining, but it didn't. But on the way home in the car, it stopped raining. lol.


- What would be your ideal "best day in summer"?
E: Festival! I want to eat around and do kingyo-sukui. 
S: Yea~ sounds nice.
E: And at the end, I'd do fireworks with my friends and eat Kakigo-ri. 
At the shop where they sell lollies, you get two if you buy one and win rock-paper-scissors with the seller. I've never lost. But I can never get to finish eating it so I give it to my friend. haha I want to win this year too!
S: I would like to go to the festival too. I want to wear Yukata, go around shops with friends, watch the fireworks, and at night I'd want to stay the night at my friend's house. And chat a lot! haha I can't stop talking about these stuff.
M: I would want to go visit my grandmother's house. It's surrounded by nature. The beach is close by too, so we used to eat squid and scallop outside. I'd like to do that again.
E: I want to do BBQ. I love when we go country side for a tour (concert). Eat lollies in the bullet-train and chat a lot. lol. And sleep. lol
S: Me too. But I always sleep after everyone else sleeps. And I wake up the first so everyone thinks that I don't sleep. I always get woken up by announcements. lol
E: Maimi is always reading books.
M: I love reading books. Even now, I have a book I've borrowed from Erika. 
At night, I sleep early. I love sleeping.
S: Chisato sleeps early too. When we talk at night, and she suddenly stops talking. That's when I know when she's fallen alseep. haha
- In this summer and autumn, you have a concert tour coming soon. I believe all the fans are looking forward to it.
M: This time we will be going to many places. I think there will be a lot of first-timers, so we are excited as well.


B.B

No comments:

Post a Comment