March 29, 2010

Banana Music Review: Berryz Koubou '6th Otakebi Album' Review

Time for something new!!
Just downloaded Berryz Koubou's new album '6th Otakebi Album' yesterday and have been listening to it, maybe non-stop! LOL!
So now I've decided to list my first impressions of it!


(Regular : Limited)

Have I talked about on this blog how I hate these covers? Well, maybe not hate... I just think they're really ugly. The colours, the styling... The positioning of almost everything feels really awkward and off, and what's with that freaking rainbow gradient type? guuuh. Whoever designs or gives the OK for all these album covers really needs to wash their eyes or freshen up their brains. LOL, i don't know...
Awkward facial awards go to Miya and Maasa. Donno what it is about Miya in this styling, but it makes her head look really weird and extra long? Is it that insanely gigantic bow? Maasa doesn't look too impressed on the regular, and is staring stright into the camera with her mouth wide open on the limited, which is not an entirely flattering look.

On the other hand, Captiain, Chinami and Risako are looking good!

Anyways, on to the music!

~
01. Otakebi Boy WAO!
The first time I heard this song, all I could say about it was 'MANLY', 'OMG SO MANLY', but now that I've listened to it quite a few times, it's actually really REALLY catchy and the dance is so silly and Berryz-like.
O-WAO WAO!

02. Rival
The PV is what made me like this song. I LOVED their styling in this PV, the outfits were SO DAMN CUTE! And all the card-board props were SO COOL!! I wanted to get me some cardboard instruments!
It's a real complete change of pace after Otakebi Boy WAO! though... so light and fluffy after such a manly song.

03. Ryuusei Boy
1, 2, 3, GO!
Whenever I hear this song and Otakebi Boy WAO! now all I see in my brain is cheezy green-screen PVs and funny dances. The 'Ryuusei Boy' move and 'O-WAO WAO' move are so LOL. Nevertheless, it's totally catchy!

04. Ai ni wa Ai desho (Tsugunaga Momoko, Natsuyaki Miyabi)

To tell you the truth I was expecting (or maybe wanted) a much slower, ballad-y song from these two. I think I was a little disappointed since I had high hopes for this song to blow me away. I guess I can see them having fun with this in concert though!
It's not in any sense a bad song, in fact it's good. But only good.

05. Seishun Bus Guide
Wow, this song sounds like it was from so long ago now...
It's cool, eeh... nothing interesting to say about it!

06. Kimi no Tomodachi

Definitely MY FAVOURITE song on the album. I'm totally in love with it!! I loved it when I heard the first radio rip of it.
The bass beat is really soothing and everyone gets solo lines. LOVE Momoko's lines, Miya and Risako are awesome too! LOVE the change into the up-beat chorus!
Although that Risako monologue bit was a tad random.

07. Ground demo rouka demo medatsu kimi (Sudou Maasa, Kumai Yurina)

THE SONG SOO REMINDS ME OF TORADORA!
What song was it? 'Orange' by Rie Kugimiya
I really liked that song, so it's okay! LOL! Although when Kumai-chan started singing... ehh, I'm not really a fan of her nose-blocked voice. But I like this song! It's really catchy!! Maasa's verse wins!

08. Tomodachi wa Tomodachi nan da!
I really like this song right now! Although I just read B.B's lyrics translations and it seems really odd to be singing that kind of thing so happily? I donno, I thought it was meant to be a song about everlasting friendship, not... go be with your boyfriend because he's more important than me. LOL!

09. Kibou no Yoru

And here we have the obligatory slow ballad track of the album. It's nice, a standard Berryz ballad.

10. Dakishimete Dakishimete
WOW, now THIS is an old song! I remember making fun of this song to B.B because she really liked it, and I was kind of indifferent to it. It only stuck in my brain because of the annoying 'woo!'s at the start. I wondered if it was Tsuku♂ singing it. LOL!

11. Yakimochi wo Kudasai! (Shimizu Saki, Tokunaga Chinami, Sugaya Risako)

Our last new song of the album! I like it's really catchy. (Yeah, I really should learn an alternative word for catchy.) I like the chorus with the high-pitched bits!

12. Watashi no Mirai no Danna-sama
A strange place to end it, but whatever it's Berryz! The weird mismatched ones!
Love this song!


Overall Impression:
I really like this album! All the singles on it are really strong, I didn't realise Berryz had been releasing so many consistently good singles recently. I would have liked to hear a few more new songs from them though...
I love 'Kimi no Tomodachi' and surprisingly liked Maasa/Kumai's song more than Momo/Miya's. Vocal wise, Momo/Miya pwn, but I really think I enjoy Maasa/Kumai's more, or maybe it's because I've heard it so many more times since it's after 'Kimi no Tomodachi' which I continuously click on to play.


---
Oh, and I just want to thank everyone that's been commenting on our posts lately!
It's always good to know we actually have readers here and we love hearing your opinions about H!P happenings too!

Always feel free to let us know what you'd like to hear more about.
Do you like our reviews and or pic-spasms? Or do you just come here for the downloads? LOL!


B.A

No comments:

Post a Comment